Thursday, June 14, 2018

June 14 - Florence - Our Final Day

The last and final day, Florence. First we started with a 3 hour bus ride that took us from La verna to Florence. That is always amazing to see the beautiful sites and the cities. Most of us slept on the bus rides anyways. When we got to Florence, we stood in a beautiful square in front of Santa Maria Novella and it was covered with marble. Then we walked inside to see many stained glass windows which were so historical and amazing to see the sunlight come through. Along that tour we continued to see one of the best painting i've seen of Michelangelo's in the church. Then with our tour guide we went to the statue of David which was bigger than I could have ever imagined. We got some gelato of course for the last time, before we head on the bus to go to the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel it was very pretty and there were many sites to see. After that Josie and I went on a run to the top of a mountain by the hotel. Which we saw the sunset and we sat far apart which was The most spiritually part of the day where I was by myself and I thought about the past days that we visited sites and saw a lot of churches. I enjoyed every experience of this as well. Not only did I got closer to a lot of new people but I spiritually deepen my faith.

~Lili Bressette







1 comment:

  1. Beautiful blog... kepp-up the good work... May I share an article about Castello Sforzesco in Milan in http://stenote.blogspot.com/2018/02/milan-at-castello-sforzesco.html.Watch the Castello Sforzesco in Milan in youtube https://youtu.be/78pAFuUkfig

    ReplyDelete